Um...whatever I feel like typing. You may get bored and the cool thing is you can just stop reading!

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The kidlings

Cyrus is 2 and loves to say "no"...it's hard sometimes or most of the time because he can be such a stinker. Man this is a hard stage! He's put in time out a lot and throws lots of fits...wherever he wants to. I sometimes catch myself wanting to rush to the next year so that he listens to me better. But then I guess next year will have it's own challenges. I hear all the time, "enjoy this time because it won't last forever" So I try to hold on to that as much as possible!
Even with all the challenges and struggles, I can't stop loving this child. When he's finally asleep Andy and I can't help but talk about how cute, smart and funny he is. I love to get random hugs and kisses from him. I love to watch him laugh when he's really tired and EVERYTHING is funny. I love watching him love on Eisley. He's a silly boy with a big heart! He just wants independence and the best thing I can do is just love on him through it alll...good and the bad.
Eisley is 6 months yesterday and is all girl! She is a screamer and gets extra high when she's upset. Cyrus never did this...he was so laid back...so it's fun to compare their personalities already! Eisley loves to grab at Cy's hair when he gets close...it's so funny to see Cyrus' face. I just say, "she's getting you" so he laughs instead of letting her have it! Eisley has been sleeping 12 hours a night with 3 naps a day...well we thought it would be a good idea to put her in with Cyrus since she was doing so well. That's when Eisley's second tooth decided to give her a really hard time. For over a week she has been snotty, fussy, cranky and not getting enough sleep because of it. So it was bad timing and I am just trying to push through it because I know it will get better soon. It's not always going to be like this.
Eisley still gives the sweetest smile I've seen in a baby girl. I will again say that it makes her eyes sparkle when she smiles...it's like a real genuine smile straight from the heart! It makes me and Andy just melt when she does it! She's sitting up and has been saying "momma" for awhile now. First word thank you very much!
I am so thankful for my two children and the joy they bring in my life. I pray that someday they will say a prayer to ask Jesus into their lives and then show a life of Christ's love to share with whoever they meet.

No comments: