Um...whatever I feel like typing. You may get bored and the cool thing is you can just stop reading!

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

3 year anniversary and Potty Training!

As some of you may know...Andrew and I celebrated three years of marriage August 20th 2008. It was one of two of the best anniversaries we've EVER HAD! I really don't remember much at all about last years...could not have been that good (but don' t worry, Andy agrees).
So I talked Andy into taking me to Cedar Point. He's not the biggest fan of roller coasters...not that he's afraid, he just doesn't crave them like I do. On top of that, the summer we were dating or engaged (not sure...it all happened so fast :) ) he took me to cedar point knowing how much I loved it and I blacked out in line because of the heat...so we went home after riding nothing at all!
So we tried it again and had so much fun! We felt so free without the kids (kinda feel guilty saying that) but it's because we never had that time alone the first years to get to know eachother as husband and wife...we would not have it any other way now that our amazing children our in our lives...so anywho...we felt young and in love!
I purchased a funnel cake...Andy hates that kind of food...so I ate half of it (reminding myself the whole thing could def. fit in my tummy, but didn't need to). So we rode the Millenium which made me cuss once on the way up...when I get on a roller coaster and I am up that high...I ask myself, "what the heck am I thinking?"...cause really it's so stinking high! Ya see, to me being up at the top of a roller coaster and being close to 9 months pregnant are very similar. There is only one way to get through it...down and out the birth canal! hehehehe...
So we rode that after the wicked twister and felt a huge rush of excitement...that's Andy's favorite ride. My second favorite...I love the new "mavric"....so fast!
We held hands, we flirted...kissed in line (we didn't make out or anything, but andy would have if I would have let him...hahahahha). We needed this so much and I am so glad we went! We didn't have to call people to see where there were, ask who wanted to do what next...we just took our time and enjoyed ourselves. I am so thankful for that day. I am so thankful for our lives and our marriage (most of the time :) and I am so thankful for Andrew...my groom for ever and ever! I love him so much and I am so proud of who he is...I am proud to stand next to him and will continue to the rest of our lives!
***NEW SUBJECT***May contain bowl movements and wet underwear!...I do not take responsiblity for any connections made with this new segment and the last****

So Cyrus is almost 27 months now and I just needed to start potty training him. For me it was originally planned out but then I stressed about all the planning, and the diapers were almost out and we needed to waist more money on another pack very soon...so I did the unthinkable! I started potty training Cyrus.
It has been VERY difficult. Well at first it was. I call my older sister Mandy all the time for tips and "what to dos" because my nephew Vin has been potty trained for over a month...maybe longer. That also made me want to do it...I hated knowing that she didn't have to deal with "big boy poopy diapers" and I did...hahahaha...and I hate WAISTING money on them.
I guess I can say that yesterday, he went poopy on the potty and did it without starting in some corner...he did it because I said, " okay Cyrus...you have to go poo poo. If you do, I will let you watch the drums"...that means he can watch a drum solo on UTube...he LOVES that. So I left the room and before you know it he comes out with this HUGE grin on his face and makes the noise I make when he goes pee pee on his own. He does this alot andso I feel bad, but I didn't believe him. I always try to go in there without a dissapointed look so that if he DOES go, he will love my reaction and do it again. Soooo...I saw cute little boy terds! I know gross, but I was soooooo happy! I made him go some more and then he got to watch the drums with daddy.
I jumped up and down like a mental person....literally. I just wanted him to know how happy I was (because I was) so he would do it again! I had to tell Andy to make a big deal about it like three times...I was so afraid that if we didn't freak out in excitement...then he would not go again. Ahhhh....such a relief.
He sitll makes accidents but he's come so far along in just 5ish days. If you think of me...pray for me! I have a potty trainee, a 7 month old and a little girl who is 6 months old I watch two days a week...I love being a mom and I know it takes a lot of prayer to be the mom I want and I know God wants me to be...
Until next time!