Um...whatever I feel like typing. You may get bored and the cool thing is you can just stop reading!

Monday, July 21, 2008

Charlotte Nc and Sunset Beach!

What a wonderful vacation! We headed from Columbus to Charlotte NC Friday July 11th to meet up with Andy's Aunts and sister Rachel then to leave the following morning to head to our destination...Sunset beach!
We stayed at the same home as last year...very roomy, nicely decorated and well...it was very close to the beach! Last year we made lots of memories with Cyrus and "the ladies" (bebe Jean, Aunt Tina, Aunt Ann)...they fell in love with him like you would not believe...or maybe you would. He made funny faces...walked around the coffee table, making him that much closer to walking on his own.
Well, we went back but had twice the fun now that Eisley was apart of the picture! She was always smiling or screeching. Cyrus said, "no" most of the time but that's just him being a two-year-old. He absolutely loved the water...both the ocean and the pool.
It was a LOT of work taking both kids to the beach this year...twice the sand in the crevices, and twice the tears. So we only took them together twice. I took Cyrus a few more times with Rachel and Eric and another time with Ann and bebe Jean. He just wanted to walk out as far as I'd let him, then some. A few times throwing a fit and ending up in time-out.
After-beach activities always included a glass of champagne, wine or beer, yummy appetizers and the wii...oh what would have we done without it? We had home-made meals every night including one night where I made my famous "Sunny Sun Dried Tomato Chicken" dish with a yummy side salad and grilled corn on the cob (with extra butter and garlic salt)...okay, my mouth is watering.
We sat outside and rocked, talked and laughed really loud. Andy and I took Cyrus to Calabash Creamery because we promised him we would...and I wasn't about to miss that! Sooo good!
Oh and how could I forget the motor scooter that we rented for a day. I took it I think about 11 miles and then back with Andy's dad while he drove his moped (something like a motorcycle and went way faster than what I drove). The moped got up to 45 mph and I could not stop smiling while I drove it. I also could not believe that I did it...I am such a baby and worry wort but I let that all go and enjoyed it thoroughly! I took it across a huge bridge over to Ocean Isle where my family and I vacationed a few years back. Oh memories...
Saturday July 19th...eisley got her first tooth on the way home from Charlotte! Yay!
All in all it was a wonderful trip. I feel rushed because the kids are up. But I can't leave out that on Friday, we were crushed with the news that Andy's friend, Andy Widman who was a police officer was shot and killed in the line of duty in Fort Meyers Fl. My husband and him attended Toledo Christian school and were very close. They also attended the same seminary for a short time together. Just meeting him a few times and getting to know his wife a little, I can say that he was a great man, and we are extremely sad that we won't see him again this side of heaven. He knew and loved the Lord and served him while being a pastor. He leaves behind his wife and 3 young children. Please, if you pray, pray for the Widman family.

No comments: