Um...whatever I feel like typing. You may get bored and the cool thing is you can just stop reading!

Monday, July 7, 2008

I am probably 5 pounds lighter...no joke!

Hey all! I thought I'd blog and share about a major event in my life....my hair cut! hahaha! I have NEVER EVER cut my hair extremely short. It's pretty much been long my whole life. My mom always loved us girls to have long hair as did my dad. Now that I feel short hair is adorable...I thought what the heck?!?! Why can't I do it? It's not a sin to have short hair (I deep down thought it was for me...but knew it wasn't...I know weird) Anywho, my sister Kacie was over and I was planning on just getting a trim (to encourage growth...what I originally wanted). So we got to talking and I got butterflies thinking of doing something random, sporadic and fun! That's how I live my life...hahaha, not really but used to. So I kept going back and forth then said, "just do it!"
Well the other half of the story is that Andy did not know I was going to do it. He said, "Do whatever you want. But not short. Well...just do whatever you want." So I did "whatever I wanted" knowing that he would be shocked at the lack of length in my hair...so some may say that was bad and not being a "good wife" but I would not have done anything like this if it were permanent...it's just hair and grows back...I ALSO would not have done it if I though he was going to be as upset as he was...oooooooops!
So Kacie (my little sister who has her licence to do crazy things like cut hair) cuts it and styles it for me...I LOVE it. I go to show Andy and the look on his face was PRICELESS!!! His exact words, "you're kidding me. you're joking." Then he handed Eisley to me and walked back into the computer room...
I felt bad, but then turned my attitude to, "it's just hair...he'll get over it" So we got in a fight but it was a well needed one. It went well into the late hours of the night...by this time it was heavy discussion. We had some things to "mature" in our relationship. I won't go into detail...just because it's for us and not the world...but I am thankful for our fight.
Andy and I try to strive for a "great" marriage as opposed to a "good" one. We are not even close to perfect and fail a LOT...but one thing that has stuck with us from marriage counseling is to strive for intimacy...not peace in our relationship. That means, if you are upset about something...talk about it. Get it out in the open in the most loving way possible (again, NOT perfect in this area hehehe...) This way, we stay intimate and stay close friends instead of roommates who just happen to live together.
The peace comes so often when one of us doesn't feel "safe" bringing up a problem because they are going to get chewed out by the other...so we just deal with it for awhile and then spew it out when we become "overheated". Not good.
So God is constantly working in our marriage and I am very thankful for that. We want to be good examples to our children and try our hardest to not give them some sort of complex when the get older...hahahhaa!
***New Subject Here***
So the kids have been wonderful! Cyrus is two and learning so much every day. He likes to repeat words that Vin or Kylaa say. Cy and Kylaa were playing in the pretend house at Grammy and Poppy's and were taking my food order. I had a pretend burger, fries and a extra large chocolate shake...0 calories so that's always good! Cyrus loves music and watching people play instruments. He likes me to sing so he can drum along. Always tapping on something and yes, he has rhythm! He loves to sing, "billy jean"...the remix by David Cooke. We are always encouraging him in his singing and drumming...it's what he loves to do, so we just go with it! Cyrus loves reading books and making Grandpa Nate take him outside...pretty much every hour around the clock.
Now Eisley loooooooooves to scream when she's happy. It's loud, obnoxious and I love it! It just hurts my ears. To give you an example of what her screeching sounds like, think of pots and pans banging around when you need the one wayyyyy in the back! Yeah, but she's so happy. She could be the most tired baby in the world, but will give you a smile straight from her heart and out her gummy smile and baby blue eyes! She's not sleeping very well for us, but we are trying our best to get that figured out. She rolls over, and has been siitting up really well for quiet some time now...always needing support of course.
Together, Eisley LOVES LOVES LOVES Cyrus and as long as he's in the room, she's got a smile on her face and staring at his every move. Cyrus loves to kiss her and give her hugs. They are becoming friends and I...as the mother witnessing it...ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!
Our life is good...and very excited to go to Charlotte and then Sunset beach on Friday! whooot whooot! We are blessed!

2 comments:

natalie said...

I really enjoyed this post! I want to see your hair!! I always get the same way about my hair...last time I cut it, I got bangs...and I'm so glad they are growing out. LOL.

theansellfamily said...

Hey! I love your hair short! Way to be spontaneous! I'll pray for your marriage, though! :)